Extended Manufacturer's Warranty from 01.01.2022
We are pleased to inform you that we extend our warranty conditions for your Geero Pedelec(s) from 01.01.2022. All Geero Pedelecs that you buy from us from this date will reach you with these new, extended warranty conditions.
Your Geero Production Team
Your Geero Pedelec is designed, manufactured or produced to the highest standards and you will enjoy it for many years. For a long shelf life, we recommend regular care, especially the moving parts. You can find all information about this in our user manual [ available for download here ], which is also included with every Geero upon delivery. If your questions are not answered sufficiently in the manual, we are happy to help you by phone (free of charge from AT and DE under: 0800 55 66 40 517) or by mail (under: email@example.com). Offering our customers the highest quality is part of our corporate philosophy. Therefore, we offer first-end customers (as defined below) a voluntary manufacturer's warranty (hereinafter referred to as "warranty") on the following explicitly mentioned Geero pedelec components - independent of (warranty) claims against the seller. Conditions and details of this voluntary warranty can be found in the following:
We - Geero GmbH (hereinafter referred to as "Geero") | Saaz 99 | 8341 Paldau | FN 465621m | firstname.lastname@example.org | Free Hotline: 0800 55 66 40 517 - grant you as a first-end customer a warranty for individual, new Geero Pedelec components (see in detail under warranty content). Our warranty only covers new goods, outlet goods are excluded. This voluntary warranty is in addition to the legal rights you have as a first-end customer against your seller or against Geero GmbH. "First End Customer" is a person who has purchased the Geero Pedelec as the first buyer directly from Geero or niceshops as a Geero sales partner.
This warranty applies only to you as the first-end customer and is not transferable. In case of a resale of the Geero pedelec by you as the first end customer, the warranty is not transferred to the person who purchased the pedelec.
The warranty is only valid for you as the first-end customer and is not transferable
Content and duration of the warranty
This warranty applies exclusively to the following new Geero Pedelec components:
For the frame as well as the fork (dimensional stability, breakage, cracks and the like), the warranty period is 10 years each from handover or delivery. For the battery (residual capacity of at least 60% - measured against the original capacity), the warranty period is 3 years from handover or delivery.
Reasons for Warranty Exclusion
This voluntary warranty does not cover
- Faults/defects/damage caused by improper operation or improper maintenance according to the operating instructions;
- Faults/defects/damage caused by transport, incorrect storage or assembly, as well as due to an accident, i.e. due to an event that has a direct, sudden effect from outside (such as a collision, fall or impact);
- Faults / defects / damage caused by unauthorised changes or conversions to the electronics and / or the battery and / or the motor;
- Faults / defects / damage caused by wear;
- Faults / defects / damage caused by improper repairs.
Claims arising under this warranty shall be made by you, as the original end-user customer, directly against Geero.
To enforce your warranty,
- Bring your faulty/defective/damaged Geero pedelec to a Geero showroom of your choice and approach our service staff on site with it. Please also have your ID card including the invoice ready
- Send your written error/defect/damage report by mail to Geero GmbH | Saaz 99 | 8341 Paldau or by mail to email@example.com. Please note that your written error/defect/damage report must contain an exact description of the error/defect/damage, the name and address of the first end customer and proof of purchase by the first end customer (original invoice or copy of invoice) AND send your faulty/defective/damaged Geero Pedelec to Geero GmbH | Saaz 99 | 8341 Paldau for a check of your claims made to us. You can request the free shipping label for this here.
No limitation of your warranty claims
Your warranty claims against niceshops GmbH as your contractual partner (our sales partner) are not limited by this warranty.
Consequences in case of unjustified warranty claim
Geero reserves the right to use all appropriate and necessary measures to verify that the terms of this warranty are met. If you, as the original end-user customer, report any defect/malfunction/damage as a warranty claim, but the conditions for warranty service under this warranty are not met, you, as the original end-user customer, shall be responsible for any costs incurred in shipping or transportation. In addition, you, as the first end-user customer, shall bear the costs, including any labour costs, incurred by Geero for any removal or examination or return shipment of the Geero Pedelec or the affected Geero Pedelec component.
When making an inquiry under warranty, your personal data, in particular name, email address and billing information, will be processed to the extent necessary to evaluate your warranty claim. The legal basis for this is the fulfilment of our (warranty) contract pursuant to Art 6 paragraph 1 lit b as well as our legitimate interest in proper warranty fulfilment pursuant to Art 6 paragraph 1 lit f DSGVO. Responsible for the processing is niceshops GmbH, Saaz 99, 8341 Paldau, Austria. You can find everything about data protection at: https://www.geero.at/info/datenschutz.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
Only substantive Austrian law shall apply to this warranty agreement and the rights and obligations arising from it. The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (UN Sales Convention) as well as of conflict-of-law rules is excluded. The exclusive place of jurisdiction is Graz. If you are a consumer as a First End Customer and have your domicile or habitual residence in Austria or are employed in Austria, you may be sued as a First End Customer only before the courts in whose district your domicile, habitual residence or place of employment is located